2011年12月29日星期四

William Tell All: Certain Death/Masterworks in the Harvard Art Museums.

Well, I guess I have to say something about being a sophomore. Sophomore isn't even a theme. This makes no sense at all. Why do I have to do this? Anyway, I think a story is the best way to explain my sophomore state of mind.

The other day, I went all the way to the MFA to see Monet's La Japonaise, a portrait of the artist's wife in Japanese costume, complete with a strange little samurai that resides in her kimono. The painting now hangs in the new contemporary wing, and, as an aside, you really should visit it. The new wing is to die for. On my way back, however,Take advantage of our authenticsunglasses today. I had to take every commuter's worst fear—the green line. The cramped, oddly shaped car always leads to awkward encounters, especially when attempting to exit the train. It is invariably filled with stupid, wealthy divorcées and their lipo-suctioned daughters,The following are some of the steps included in buying fendireplicahandbags. clinging desperately to their gaudy handbags as they wait for the Copley and Park Street stops. I always feel a little bad for them, considering that they are uglier than (insert witty metaphor here), but I still want the honey badger to come get them the hell out of my way. He don't care; he just takes what he wants.

As we lumbered along, we came upon a rather severe bend in the track, and for an instant, I thought that the train might derail, inevitably leading to my demise. I would say that my life flashed before my eyes, but here's the problem – it didn't. In this moment of certain death, a thousand thoughts are running through my head, none of which are particularly relevant or meaningful. I think, "Meh. Here we go.With all of the authenticvuittonhandbags sales rampant, Guess this is it. At least I won't have to finish that essay tonight in my Snuggie, while listening to the Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack and John Denver." I just stared straight ahead, ready for my fate. Suddenly, I realize, "God, my socks are mismatched! I'm going to be so embarrassed when they find my mangled corpse! I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT MORE SOCKS!" My mom used to yell at me for driving to the post office in less than my Sunday best.The reliable Aquatimer louishandbags. I would reply, "But I'm going to the drive-through! No one will see me!" Her response, "What if you get in an accident?" In retrospect, I know she was right. One must be presentable at all times. Then I ask myself, "I wonder what Diddy would do in this situation. God, his performance in the made-for-TV adaptation of The Raisin in the Sun was stellar. I really wish he would spend more time acting and less time advertizing crappy Macy's watches. At least I didn't spend my life on the cover of billboards with a crappy watch. Well, I don't own a watch. I'll ask for one for my birthday. Oh, wait,Wholesale pradareplicahandbags for high quality wholesale New ERA Hats products. I'm about to crash and die."

Soon, however, I realized that I was overreacting, and we rounded the bend safe and sound. This is the mind of a sophomore. You've got two and a half mind-numbing, soul-crushing years left.

没有评论:

发表评论