2012年1月10日星期二

Does Mild Winter Affect Pekin's Economy?

I am not ashamed to admit I like this unseasonably mild winter weather.Great Promotions on Greatest Purchase San Francisco Giants Franchise Fitted pradahandbags Shops. Actually, I LOVE this unseasonably mild winter weather.

It wasn't always like that. When I was young, I looked forward to winter and the chance to play in the snow. But that changed the winter it became my job to shovel the driveway and sidewalks at my boyhood home.

My dislike of winter weather only grew stronger as I became a driver, and then an adult who had to go out in the weather on a daily basis.

Expressing my joy for this mild winter weather has earned me some icy stares (pun intended) from people who want it to snow - namely independent businessmen and women who plow driveways and parking lots.I'm looking to buy a goodbackpackfactory can anyone direct me?Trade Leads for canadagooseparkajackets, Search ecplaza.net for buying and selling leads, That got me thinking about the weather and the impact it has on the Pekin economy.

Obviously, the Pekin economy doesn't rely on the winter weather for tourism. We don’t depend on the cold and snow like the ski resort communities in other parts of the country.

So, does the mild winter weather affect our economy in the Pekin area? Does it help our economy, or hurt us?

First is a list of those who are hurt by the mild winter weather:

Retailers aren't selling snow shovels, snow blowers, salt, boots, coats, gloves, hats, etc.
Independent snow plow operators aren't generating any revenue as their trucks sit idle
Tow truck operators are missing out on the revenue from jump starts and pulling vehicles out of snow drifts
Some employees (consumers) aren't earning overtime they may have been counting on

My list of those who benefit from this mild winter weather is a little longer:
Local retailers benefited as consumers weren't stuck at home because of the cold, ice or snow during the Christmas shopping season
Construction and maintenance contractors are able to work on outside jobs and projects
Golf courses are generating revenues well above their normal winter budget
The City of Pekin and other local governments are saving money on salt, snow plowing costs and overtime
Businesses and consumers are saving money on their heating bills
Businesses are aren't spending money on snow plowing

Despite the larger number of those who are benefiting,The following are some of the steps included in buying canadagooseparka. I would suggest the mild winter is adversely affecting the Pekin economy.

The reason? Saving money means you’re not spending it — you’ve pulled it out of the local economy.You can find all the burberryhandbags you need here. And a lack of spending by businesses, governments and consumers hurts the local economy. It's not as dramatic as the ski resort communities — but it hurts the Pekin economy nonetheless.

So, when it does finally turn cold and snow, put a positive spin on it and think of it as our own little economic stimulus event.

没有评论:

发表评论