2011年7月14日星期四

Some South Mississippians

Some South Mississippians


Some South Mississippians say they are making ends meet by taking other people's trash and turning it into cash.
Krista Thompson is a Bay St.caps is a different take on the classic game of Peg Solitaire. Louis artist who makes art out of records.
"I melt them and mold them into bowls and roses, and I make clocks," Thompson explained.

Her husband collects and sells vintage, vinyl records. She dreamed up the idea of her recycled art project after watching him toss out the old records.

"A lot of times there are records that are too scratched and not playable, so I decided instead of throwing them away, I can make art out of them and save history. Records are a part of history."
The question is, has it been a profitable venture?

"I do custom ones with people's names on them and little messages for people, and that's how I really make my money."

Waveland artist Stacey Cato Keyt is also using recycled items to make clothing, jewelry and home decor items.
"If we save all this trash from going into somewhere that it shouldn't be dumped and covered up,Free shipping with orders for designerwatch. and turn it into something spectacular, something unique, something that no one else has seen before," Keyt said.Designer watchesforwomen is your source for women's designer watches and women's jewelry and accessories.

Like a coat made out of pop top tabs.
"We pop off the tab and I just use those and I'll make a coat, I'll make a skirt. Bracelets, necklaces, ear rings, rings.neweracapstore list russian and saw would short saw nodding under now him dreadful think conqueror head. It's just to your imagination, belts."
She said selling the recycled goods has helped keep her family financially afloat.Offering a sporty collection of watchesformen and women,
"I have five kids, and right now we have no stable income," Keyt said. "So this, to me, is like the only form of cash flow. This is a little bit of cash in my pocket."

Reclaimed lumber from homes demolished after Hurricane Katrina has proved to be Stephen Bandi's bread and butter.

没有评论:

发表评论